You’ll love working at SavvyCard as our Marketing Designer if:
• You want a dynamic, fast-paced position
• You like rolling up your sleeves
• You are a mature, accountable and organized
• You are energized by collaboration and team work
• You want to be part of a quickly growing and promising technology startup
• You are a proactive, organized and efficient professional with a demonstrated proficiency in: branding/graphic design, HTML/CSS, print & web production. (Copywriting & Video production a plus).
• You have a solid understanding of business and marketing basics
What You’ll Do at SavvyCard as a Marketing Designer
Branding & Graphic Design
– You will conceptualize, design and produce all types of communications pieces: marketing slicks, direct mail pieces, sales kits, internal communications pieces, signs, PowerPoint presentations, supporting graphics and other materials as needed in support of SavvyCard’s Marketing, Sales, Training, and Executive teams.
– You will conceptualize and create illustrations and other artwork in support of our corporate brand initiatives.
– You will copywrite marketing, sales and corporate pieces with direction from your supervisor
– You will conceptualize and design SavvyCard online assets, including web sites, web pages, web graphics, email and newsletters; digital advertising and digital graphics for content marketing and social media.
– You will modify WordPress templates as needed to achieve visual and functionality requirements.
– Your designs will adhere to brand and messaging guidelines
– You will report on your progress against goals in a bi-weekly presentation to your supervisor.
– You will create super-clean production files for output on digital presses, offset presses, large format presses, specialty presses, laser vinyl cutters, embroidery, silkscreen, and other production technologies.
– You will create print-ready production files for 4-color process, spot color, black and white and other specialty process print jobs
– You will create online assets that are responsive, look beautiful, load quickly and behave correctly on the most popular browser/device combinations
What You’ll Need to Excel as SavvyCard’s Marketing Designer:
– 5-10 years traditional and online design experience, preferably in a marketing or sales department with a B2B Internet Technology company.
– Demonstrated success in Design (be prepared with samples of your work, including campaign context and results).
– Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Web Design, Communications or related field.
– Demonstrated proficiency with graphic design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint.
– Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress and HTML/CSS.
– Demonstrated understanding of print and web production
– Demonstrated writing and proofreading ability (you know proper grammar and spelling, can write extremely well, and know standard proofreading markup).
– The ability to work collaboratively with other people and departments, listen to their needs, and translate them into successful visuals
– An unswerving commitment to your job, and a can-do attitude
Why You Want to Work for SavvyCard:
As a member of the SavvyTeam, you’ll enjoy a close-knit, fun, open, energetic and creative atmosphere that promotes a great work/life balance. We work hard, yes, but like the old saying goes, we play hard, too, often engaging together in activities outside of work (like attending the famed First Friday celebration each month). We are located in downtown St. Petersburg. Florida, a city that is quickly growing into one of the premiere tech hubs in the state. Our immediate area is full of fun and trendy restaurants, bars, retail stores, art galleries and music clubs and is next door to the University of Southern Florida campus in St. Pete. Many people compare St. Pete to Austin, Texas when it first began to blossom, as our locals also like to keep things “weird”. The cost of living in St. Pete is fairly benign compared to the rest of the country, and you can’t beat living near (or on) beaches consistently ranked amongst the world’s Top 10.
SavvyCard employees receive competitive pay and a great benefits package including medical, dental and vision. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email resume, cover letter and samples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org